Sunday, March 2, 2014

2014 Theme: Global


Most practicing Mormons can give you a basic synopsis of life for the early US converts to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – gathering to Nauvoo, handcart companies, etc. But this year, I was interested the pioneers of other countries. I've been hunting down stories of the early female converts around the globe. I've loved learning about their unique and challenging journeys, and how they found meaning in a faith community that they essentially had to build themselves. Some eventually gathered to Utah; some lived their lives in their native country. Some watched their faith community thrive; others only met a handful of Mormons outside their families. But all of them found comfort, purpose, and connection to God through their decision to join this faraway and unfamiliar faith.



I'll definitely be posting on Tuesdays, with the possibility of more posts depending on how well I make the transition to being a mom of three (which explains why I forgot to post this on the first of the month, despite having written it a month ago).

No comments: